A complete accounting of last night’s events would just cause unnecessary pain, and to no point. Instead, what I’ll do is give some bullet points of lessons learned, in hopes that others may benefit.
- When looking for Arabian costumes in SL, about the closest thing you’re going to find is Gorean stuff.
- Some Gorean types aren’t too thrilled about non-Gorean types wearing Gorean costumes, even if it’s in conjunction with an Arabian Nights event.
- Be careful what you laugh at; someone may misinterpret exactly what it is you’re laughing at.
- It’s important to keep promises…but some are more important than others.
- Remember what I said about finding hidden talents? Sometimes, when you do, you run into the same sorts of problems you would in RL…and they can catch you off guard if you’re not careful.
- Sometimes, the absolute worst thing you can do is…nothing.
- Couples need some quiet time together regularly, to help them reconnect with what it is they love about each other.
- The Beatles had the right of it: I get by with a little help from my friends.